JOIN OUR LOCAL PAL PROGRAM
Thinking about making the big move to Düsseldorf? Or just arrived and looking for someone to help you get started?
Owner and Chief of the Community Explorers, Jenna Davis, offers up her time as a Local Pal for newcomers (both online and in-person) who are looking for local support regarding topics such as phone plans, insurances, bank accounts, finding a flat, making friends, and so much more.
As a long time expat herself, Jenna’s been through a lot of what you’re going through right now. After many lessons learned, she’s here to offer her expertise in relocating to Düsseldorf so that you’ll get adjusted and feel at home in no time. Regardless of what questions you may have! Write them down and let’s chat!
For just $49/hour (USD), we will customize a package to help answer all your specific questions and help you start your new life in Düsseldorf city.
What Can Your Package Include?
- A Skype/Facebook/Zoom video chat to figure out exactly what you need support with so we make a plan
- Walking around your neighborhood and showing you some of the shops, grocery stores, restaurants, etc.
- Helping you book a phone plan and get it ready before you arrive or as you’ve arrived
- Helping you apply for a bank account before you arrive or as you’ve arrived
- Come with you to register yourself in the city (or help you with the paperwork online if you’re not here yet)
- Help you find and purchase an electricity provider/phone provider
- Help you with finding affordable furnishings for your new flat (we’ve got some great hidden tips)!
- Help you figure out the transportation system (and perhaps ordering a monthly ticket before arrival)
- Getting you set up with a good German language school to help you learn the language as soon as possible
Want to hear what others had to say about our Local Pal Program?!
We are thinking of a potential move to Dusseldorf from the US and in coming across Jenna’s vast online resources, decided to reach out for a “Local Pal” meetup during our trip. It was incredibly easy to set up time with Jenna, she was accommodating to our location and very communicative during the entire process. Meeting up with her was like touching base with an old friend – a casual, comfortable exchange with all of our questions answered thoroughly and a sharing of her story, which is relatable to us and probably many others. After the Local Pal meetup, she sent us a number of relevant articles from her website that would be helpful resources. Jenna’s positive spirit, her passion, and dedication to the international community, and her web of connections are assets for anyone considering a move to Dusseldorf as an expat! – Kristin & Daniela, Oregon, USA
Do you have more questions about living #LifeInDüsseldorf? Feel free to send us an email with your question at [email protected]. If you have tips you’d like to share with others, we’re also accepting guest posts which include the author’s name, bio and photo.